in her simple way
to see how accessible it is
and to grab it
when it nibbles:
I spent 5 days last week at my friend Blair’s lake cabin in Minnesota, what’s become a delicious summertime tradition. Lola is Blair’s English Springer Spaniel and she joined us for this year’s adventure. Lola helps me tap into the special lessons that only a dog can teach.
She loves to swim and play in the lake. She can literally swim for hours. It’s mesmerizing to watch her gliding through the water. Something soothing about the repetition in her movement. An invitation to simply lean into a piece of joy and savor it.
Other related posts you might enjoy:
- The exercise of gentleness opens the quiet world
- What is essential
- if you surrender
- while you breathe
- behind the urgency of now
- a deep listening and being open
- one thing at a time
- flowing water never stagnates
* The above photo is of Lola hoping it’s time to go down to the dock, anticipating more swimming joy. And because one photo is just not enough of this sweet girl, here are a few more! Lola ‘swimmin’ the life”!